The following resources were written by Canterbury Archaeological Trust as part of the European project BOAT 1550 BC and designed principally for school pupils and students. The information can be downloaded as a complete pack or as section below.
- Subject Knowledge and Teachers Pack (191 pages)
- Section 1. The discovery of the boat (11 pages)
- Section 2. What do archaeologists do? (99 pages)
- Section 3. Bronze Age settlement, funerary practice and ritual hoards along the Channel coasts. (49 pages)
- Section 4. The Dover Boat and Thanet Earth scheme of work: lesson plans for teachers and resource sheets for pupils.(36 pages)
The information is also contained in a BOAT KIT which can be loaned by schools from Canterbury Archaeological Trust or from Dover Museum by prior arrangement.
Monday to Saturday 9.30am-5pm
Sunday (April-Sept) 10am-3pm
Closed Sundays October to March
Closed December 25th, 26th and 1st January